Friday, July 22, 2022 • 8:30am – 5:30pm
Presented by Wolfgang Luckmann, LMT, AP, Dip. Hom., Holistic Reflexologist
FOR THE MASSAGE THERAPIST AND ESTHETICIAN, COSMETOLOGIST
Indian Head, Face & Foot Massage - known as “Champa” - has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Ayurvedic doctors practiced it for skin rejuvenation and as part of an anti-aging technique. Indian mothers would massage their babies’ hair, head neck and shoulders to stimulate HOLISTIC growth and relaxation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Indian head massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
- l Stimulates nerve function,
- Improves relaxation, creating calmness and emotional well-being.
- Concentration and alertness are optimized.
- Other benefits include: tension headaches, eye-strain, ear problems, neck and shoulder stiffness, Bell’s Palsy, sinusitis, scalp tension and mental fatigue
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
- How to incorporate massage, oils and pressure point technique in a 35 – 45 min treatment of HEAD, NECK SHOULDERS AND FEET on the table or in a chair
- Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana, meditation and the philosophy behind Ayurvedic massage
- How to evaluate, analyze and treat the client as an individual
- The three different types of massage suited for each individual
- An explanation of functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points)
- Location and explanation of the nadi (meridian system)
- Discussion of the choice of appropriate essential oils, herbs and their energetic qualities for each individual client
- Applying the three principal strokes: satvic, rajastic and tamasic
- SELECTING APPROPRIATE OILS AND ESSENTIAL OILS FOR DIFFERENT CONDITIONS
- How to do a vigorous, but relaxing foot and leg massage
WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPECT?
Indian Head, Face & Foot Massage workshop is mainly a hands-on course. We will practice the three principal strokes and techniques (Sattva, Raja, Tamas), apply oils and get a great revitalizing and relaxing treatment
Bring a hand towel, Table suggested oils (Rosemary, Sandalwood, Lavender, Peppermint, Frankincense, Patchouli and blends, etc.) and an open mind!