Professional (LMT) Massage Services
Provided by Pheonix Wellness Spa at Body In Mind Massage Institute
All Professional Massage Therapy Services in Phoenix Wellness Spa are provided by Certified / Licensed Massage Therapists.
Our therapists are experts at medical massage and some of our therapists have more experience and expertise than you will find anywhere else. They even assist in teaching our massage school students! Read our massage and spa services testimonials from our satisfied clients.
We are uniquely Certified in Cancer & Mastectomy Massage. We offer Neuromuscular, Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue Massage, Thai Massage and many medical treatments.
“Nothing feels better than a massage at Body and Mind. The therapist listens to your concerns and adjusts her technique to fit what your body is yearning for. lt is an hour and a half of pure relaxation, peace, and tranquility.”Chris S.
Read More Reviews
Professional Massage Services
Due to changes in state law & the ongoing pandemic, clients must be over the age of 18 at this time.
- Cancer & Mastectomy Massage
- Chair Massage
- Thai Massage (in which the client is fully clothed, on a massage table or floor mat!)
Please add 6.625% NJ Sales tax to all services. Phoenix Wellness Spa – licensed by the state of NJ #18KB00041400
- Therapeutic Massage
60 min… $70
90 min… $95
- We offer true medical massage modalities at Body in Mind. A therapeutic massage session will often start with the most common type of massage, Swedish massage therapy. Each session begins with soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles to help calm your nervous system and relax exterior muscle tension. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing. And it may even help after an injury.
Of course, you and our therapist can discuss the desired outcome of your session, which may need more of a therapeutic focus. In addition to stress relief and relaxation, a therapeutic medical massage may incorporate a broader set of therapies for muscle health and recovery– see below for a list of modalities available.
Our therapeutic sessions also include specific follow-up recommendations, providing a targeted plan for treatment, along with recommendations for a series of timed visits versus a periodic spa visit.
- Additional Modalities
60 min… $75
90 min… $100
- Based on your goals, practitioners can incorporate additional multiple treatments together into your session to meet your specific needs. See below for additional modalities.
- Myofascial release – add $5 to your service
- Aromatherapy – add $5 to your service
- Cupping Massage
60 min… $85
90 min… $115
- Cupping is a traditional Chinese technique that relies on negative pressure, creating suction on the skin, as opposed to the tissue compression techniques that are normally used during a massage. Therapists use special silicone cups to pull blood to the surface of the skin, which is thought to improve circulation and promote healing. People enjoy cupping massage for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage. Cupping therapy is very popular right now, thanks to its efficiency with athletes such as Michael Phelps. Curious? Cupping is a healing and rejuvenating therapy best experienced first-hand. Try something different and add this age-old practice to your next massage.
- Deep Tissue Massage
60 min… $85
90 min… $115
- Deep tissue massage is a massage modality (different than deep pressure) that’s mainly used to treat musculoskeletal issues, such as strains and sports injuries. It involves applying sustained pressure using slow, deep strokes to target the inner layers of your muscles and connective tissues. This helps to break up scar tissue that forms following an injury and reduce tension in muscle and tissue. It may also promote faster healing by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
- Hot Stone Massage
60 min… $80
90 min… $105
- Warmed Basalt Stones are used to enhance the benefits of a therapeutic massage. The heat of the stones is absorbed by the muscles and melts stress away.
- Integrated Positional Therapy (IPT)
60 min… $100
90 min… $150
- Integrated Positional Therapy is a gentle healing modality used to treat many forms of chronic/neuromuscular pain. IPT is used to correct muscle imbalances, thus improving postural alignment. Chronic pain is caused by muscle imbalances as muscles tend to be too short (tight) or too long (overstretched). Since muscles are connected to bones, this will pull your skeleton out of alignment, thus creating poor posture. Common examples of this are people with bent forward necks and hunched shoulders from phone use, sitting at their computers, or driving longer than 30 minutes at a time. One-sided professions such as Dentistry and one-sided sports such as golf tend to imbalance the body by overusing the same muscles. IPT goes to the core of the problem by re-adjusting the pelvis– the foundation for aligning the body, and then loosening or strengthening muscles throughout the body. The techniques involve: Strain/Counter-strain (SCS), which is passively holding a muscle for 1-2 minutes until it relaxes and Muscle Energy Technique (MET) which uses isometric exercises to help loosen and strengthen a muscle. After a treatment, a Wellness Plan is given out. By doing simple exercises at home on a daily basis, the client can maintain good posture, bring their muscles into balance while keeping them strengthened and relaxed.
- Headaches and Migraines
- Neck and Lower Back Pain
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Golfer’s/Tennis Elbow (Epicondylitis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Frozen Shoulder
Schedule by appointment only by directly calling or texting 512-809-8505
- Foot Reflexology
45 min… $55
- Oh! The agony of da “feet” will disappear with this treatment. Tired feet will feel new as the whole body benefits from stimulating pressure points on the feet.
- Pre- or Post-Natal Massage
60 min… $80
90 min… $105
- Pregnancy massage focuses on addressing the special needs of expecting women. Specially-designed massage tables, cushions, and side-lying postures are used to prevent putting pressure on the abdomen.
- Sports Massage
60 min… $80
90 min… $110
- Developed to help with muscle systems used for a particular sport or athletic activity, sports massage uses a variety of approaches to help athletes in training — before, during, or after sports events. Sports massage can promote flexibility and help prevent injuries. Or, it may help muscle strains, aiding healing after an injury caused by engaging in a sport. Perfect for anyone who engages in any athletic activity such as walking, aerobics, jogging, yoga, volleyball, dancing, swimming, baseball, bicycling, surfing, tennis and so on.
Here are 5 facts about sports massage!
30 min… $55
60 min… $80
- Calms the mind;
- relieves tension;
- stimulates nerves and reflex points;
- dilates blood vessels and improves circulation;
- disperses edema;
- stimulates lymph system to eliminate waste and toxins;
- improves digestion and elimination;
- increases red blood cell production;
- helps prevent muscular atrophy from inactivity;
- sets up conditions for the body to heal.