All Professional Massage Therapy Services in Phoenix Wellness Spa are provided by Certified / Licensed Massage Therapists.
Our therapists are experts at medical massage and some of our therapists have more experience and expertise than you will find anywhere else. They even assist in teaching our massage school students!
We are uniquely Certified in Cancer & Mastectomy Massage. We offer Neuromuscular, Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue Massage, Thai Massage and many medical treatments. Please add 6.625% NJ Sales tax to all services. Phoenix Wellness Spa – licensed by the state of NJ #18KB00041400
Read More Reviews
Professional Massage Services in our Phoenix Wellness Spa:
- Cancer & Mastectomy Massage
- Chair Massage
- Thai Massage (in which the client is fully clothed, on a massage table or floor mat!)
- Therapeutic Massage
60 min… $70
90 min… $95
- We offer true medical massage modalities at Body in Mind. A therapeutic massage session will often start with the most common type of massage, Swedish massage therapy. Each session begins with soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles to help calm your nervous system and relax exterior muscle tension. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing. And it may even help after an injury.
Of course, you and our therapist can discuss the desired outcome of your session, which may need more of a therapeutic focus. In addition to stress relief and relaxation, a therapeutic medical massage may incorporate a broader set of therapies for muscle health and recovery– see below for a list of modalities available.
Our therapeutic sessions also include specific follow-up recommendations, providing a targeted plan for treatment, along with recommendations for a series of timed visits versus a periodic spa visit.
- Additional Modalities
60 min… $75
90 min… $100
- Based on your goals, practitioners can incorporate additional multiple treatments together into your session to meet your specific needs.
- Trigger point therapy
- Myofascial release
- Prenatal and postnatal massage
- Cupping Massage
60 min… $85
90 min… $115
- Cupping is a traditional Chinese technique that relies on negative pressure, creating suction on the skin, as opposed to the tissue compression techniques that are normally used during a massage. Therapists use special silicone cups to pull blood to the surface of the skin, which is thought to improve circulation and promote healing. People enjoy cupping massage for many purposes, including to help with pain, inflammation, blood flow, relaxation and well-being, and as a type of deep-tissue massage. Cupping therapy is very popular right now, thanks to its efficiency with athletes such as Michael Phelps. Curious? Cupping is a healing and rejuvenating therapy best experienced first-hand. Try something different and add this age-old practice to your next massage.
- Deep Tissue Massage
60 min… $85
90 min… $115
- Deep tissue massage is a massage modality (different than deep pressure) that’s mainly used to treat musculoskeletal issues, such as strains and sports injuries. It involves applying sustained pressure using slow, deep strokes to target the inner layers of your muscles and connective tissues. This helps to break up scar tissue that forms following an injury and reduce tension in muscle and tissue. It may also promote faster healing by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
- Hot Stone Massage
60 min… $80
90 min… $105
- Warmed Basalt Stones are used to enhance the benefits of a therapeutic massage. The heat of the stones is absorbed by the muscles and melts stress away.
- Foot Reflexology
45 min… $55
- Oh! The agony of da “feet” will disappear with this treatment. Tired feet will feel new as the whole body benefits from stimulating pressure points on the feet.
- Sports Massage
60 min… $80
90 min… $110
- Developed to help with muscle systems used for a particular sport or athletic activity, sports massage uses a variety of approaches to help athletes in training — before, during, or after sports events. Sports massage can promote flexibility and help prevent injuries. Or, it may help muscle strains, aiding healing after an injury caused by engaging in a sport. Perfect for anyone who engages in any athletic activity such as walking, aerobics, jogging, yoga, volleyball, dancing, swimming, baseball, bicycling, surfing, tennis and so on.
30 min… $55
60 min… $80
Benefits of Massage:
Calms the mind; relieves tension; stimulates nerves and reflex points; dilates blood vessels and improves circulation; disperses edema; stimulates lymph system to eliminate waste and toxins; improves digestion and elimination; increases red blood cell production; helps prevent muscular atrophy from inactivity; sets up conditions for the body to heal.