Mastectomy Massage Training • Adams
REGISTRATION CLOSED – FUTURE DATES TBD * 9 am – 6pm
PREREQUISITE: participants must have taken the two-day Oncology Massage Training class with us or have taken the three-day training in the past and want a refresher.
If you have a passion for healing others with your massage therapy skills and recognize the effectiveness of our healing therapeutic touch on individuals living with or recovering from cancer, then you may want to help mastectomy cancer patients’ recover with mastectomy massage. With the understanding of this particular type of cancer, and the particular massage techniques you can and cannot use in your treatment, you can help those recovering from mastectomy.
You will learn the anatomy and physiology of the breast, causes theories and treatments of breast cancer, possible side effects, working with incisions and scar tissue, your clients will feel better as they heal more quickly by including massage as part of their treatment plan.
Please bring your massage supplies as this class is 50% hands-on.
- Participants will be able to identify their role as the massage therapist for cancer patients, including possible emotional issues that may arise from their role.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate their knowledge of anatomy and physiology of the breast.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate their ability to work with male cancer patients.
- Participants will be able to identify cancer pathology, causes, theories, and treatments to understand the effects on cancer patients.
- Participants will be able to identify possible side effects of cancer surgeries including chemotherapy specific to breast cancer.
- Participants will be able to identify Lymphedema and its causes, treatments, precautions, and prevention.
- Participants will be able to identify directives for breast surgery, drains, incisions, scar tissue and mobility of cancer and mastectomy patients.
- Participants will be able to demonstrate hands-on practice for mastectomy patients recovering from recent surgeries, including proper positioning, and draping.
Facilitated by Mary H. Adams, LMT, CYT, Director
Phoenix Wellness Institute, LLC, dba Body in Mind Massage Institute
8 CE hours
$150 early bird registration (two weeks in advance of class date)
$175 Late Registration, if space allows